This opportunity will enable an artist based in New Zealand to undertake a fully-funded residency at Gasworks in London from 3 October to 19 December 2016 (11 weeks). Gasworks’ residencies are opportunities for self-led professional development, artistic exchange and experimentation.
The Residency Comprises:
- 24-hour access to a fully accessible studio at Gasworks, alongside other visiting artists and Gasworks’ permanent studio holders.
- An Open Studio, or similar public presentations, at Gasworks
- Single room accommodation within Gasworks Residencies House (a 3-story house, shared with 3 other artists-in-residence)
- Basic living expenses in London
- Economy return flights from the artist’s home city to London
- Travel card (zones 1+2) for unlimited travel within central London for the duration of the residency
- Administrative, pastoral and curatorial support from Gasworks (during office hours)
This residency is supported by the Jan Warburton Charitable Trust and is developed in collaboration with the Elam School of Fine Arts, the University of Auckland; and Stephanie Post
For more information about the residency and how to apply, please use the link in the Resources section below.