We are now accepting applications from Argentine artists under the age of 40, based in Argentina for a fully-funded residency at Gasworks in London from 12 April to 28 June 2021*. This residency is part of an exchange programme developed in partnership with URRA, who will host a UK-based artist in Buenos Aires in 2021. Both opportunities are supported by Erica Roberts.
The Residency Comprises:
- 24-hour access to a fully accessible studio at Gasworks, alongside other visiting artists and Gasworks’ permanent studio holders.
- Single room accommodation within Gasworks Residencies House (a three-story house, the communal spaces of which will be shared with 3 other resident artists).
- Basic living expenses in London (£150 p/week).
- Economy return flights from Buenos Aires to London.
- Travel card (zones 1+2) for unlimited travel within central London for the duration of the residency.
- An artist's talk and Open Studio, or similar public presentations, at Gasworks.
- Administrative, pastoral and curatorial support from Gasworks (during office hours).
For more information about the residency and how to apply, please download the information in the Resources section below.
We accept digital applications only. Please use the online application form at the bottom of the relevant opportunity page on Gasworks’ website, here.
Your application should include the following in ONE PDF file only:
1. A cover sheet with name, contact address, e-mail and telephone numbers if available, plus confirmation that you will be available from12 April to 28 June 2021, if selected.
2. An artist's statement describing your practice and areas of interest (up to 250 words)
3. A minimum of 10 images of recent work, with captions and a short description if necessary.
4. A CV/Resume
5. A simple statement outlining your plans, if you were to be offered the residency, which could include a short description of a research project specific to the context of London or your residency at Gasworks (up to 250 words). This proposal does not have to be definitive and can change during the course of the residency.
6. Any relevant documentation (e.g. articles or papers about work, exhibitions, publications, etc.)
Applications that do not follow this format will not be considered.
Please note that there is a 10MB limit on pdf submissions. If your file is not in pdf format or is over 10MB you will not be able to submit it.
Application Deadline: Tuesday 20 October 2020
* COVID-19 notice: Amid the current crisis, Gasworks’ top priority is ensuring the safety and wellbeing of the artists, staff and the public. Applications for this residency are now open, but we will continue to assess the situation and inform the public if there are any changes. In the event that this residency cannot safely take place on the advertised dates, we will do our best to reschedule it for the selected artist at the earliest convenience.
Applications for this opportunity have now ended
If you are a succesfull applicant you wil be notified in due course.
Please note that we only contact succesful applicants.