The BECA AMA Residency will enable an artist based in Chile to undertake a fully-funded residency in the Juan Yarur Torres Residency Studio at Gasworks, from 1 October to 17 December 2018 (11 weeks). The aim of the grant is to promote the professional development of Chilean visual artists today. Gasworks residencies are non-prescriptive, encouraging artists to focus on process, research and development. Applicants are required to submit a research proposal, in no more than 250 words, illustrating how they might approach the residency, and what they might hope to achieve. The panel will be looking for well-developed, context-specific proposals that aim to capitalise on the resources and opportunities that both Gasworks and London may provide.
The Residency Comprises:
- 24-hour access to a fully accessible studio at Gasworks, alongside other visiting artists and Gasworks’ permanent studio holders.
- An Open Studio, or similar public presentations, at Gasworks
- Single room accommodation within Gasworks Residencies House (a 3-story house, shared with 3 other artists-in-residence)
- Basic living expenses in London
- Economy return flights from the artist’s home city to London
- Travel card (zones 1+2) for unlimited travel within central London for the duration of the residency
- Administrative, pastoral and curatorial support from Gasworks (during office hours)
For more information about the residency and how to apply, please download the information in the Resources section below.
We accept digital applications only. Please use the online application form at the bottom of this page.
Your application should include the following in ONE PDF file only:
1. An artist's statement describing your practice and areas of interest (up to 250 words)
2. A minimum of 10 images of recent work, with captions and a short description if necessary.
3. A CV/Resume
4. A simple statement outlining your plans, if you were to be offered the residency, which could include a short description of a research project specific to the context of London or your residency at Gasworks (up to 250 words). This proposal does not have to be definitive and can change during the course of the residency.
5. Any relevant documentation (e.g. articles or papers about work, exhibitions, publications, etc)
6. A cover sheet with name, contact address, e-mail and telephone numbers if available, plus confirmation that you will be available from 2 July to 17 September 2018, if selected.
Applications that do not follow this format will not be considered.
Please note that there is a 10MB limit on pdf submissions. If your file is not in pdf format or is over 10MB you will not be able to submit it.
Application Deadline: Tuesday 3 April 2018
This residency is supported by BECA AMA, Fundacion AMA.