This opportunity will enable an early/mid-career New Zealand artist to undertake a fully-funded residency at Gasworks in London from 2 October to 18 December 2017 (11 weeks). Gasworks’ residencies are opportunities for self-led professional development, artistic exchange and experimentation.
The Residency Comprises
- 24-hour access to a fully accessible studio at Gasworks, alongside other visiting artists and Gasworks’ permanent studio holders.
- An Open Studio, or similar public presentations, at Gasworks
- Single room accommodation within Gasworks Residencies House (a 3-story house, shared with 3 other artists-in-residence)
- Basic living expenses in London
- Economy return flights from the artist’s home city to London
- Travel card (zones 1+2) for unlimited travel within central London for the duration of the residency
- Administrative, pastoral and curatorial support from Gasworks (during office hours)
The 2017 Residency for a NZ artist is co-organised by Jan Warburton Charitable Trust and Stephanie Post, with the support of David and Libby Richwhite and the NZ Friends of Gasworks, in collaboration with Creative New Zealand and Elam School of Fine Arts, the University of Auckland. It is hosted in the Outset Residency Studio.
Further information about the open call and application guidelines can be found in the resources section at the bottom of this page.
To apply, please fill in your details and upload the necessary attachments using the form below.
Applications for this opportunity have now ended
If you are a succesfull applicant you wil be notified in due course.
Please note that we only contact succesful applicants.